mardi 2 octobre 2012

30/9: Weißkeißel - Zittau

470.4km in 26:49 (50*51'14"N, 14*47'50"E)
Hi! It was time to reach the end of the Neisse so I went to Zittau. This place is as famous than Kilpisjärvi because there is a three country boarder: Deutschland, Polska and Českà Republika. It was the first time I went to the third country. But I was too lazy to stay there: one more time I should go to exchange some Euros for the local money. Maybe I'll go later, maybe not...

On the way up to the south, I saw many nice things. First of all, I was very close to reach the eastest point of Germany... But unfortunately there is a kind of funny Luna Park for children between 2 and 12. It's called Einsiedel Kulturinsel. Normally you get free access if you just want to drink a coffee, but there were so many people at the reception that I gave up this idea.


I also crossed a city called Görlitz. I only knew that there exists a place called like that but I didn't knew how beautiful and close to the Polish boarder it is: like Guben/Gubin the city is split in two parts by the river. Like in Gubin/Guben there is a bridge on the other side of which you can buy cigarettes or other stuff for peanuts.



Not the biggest, but a big one

About peanuts, I crossed today a small town where they were celebrating "citrouille" (sorry, I do not know how to say citrouille or Kürbis in English). Well maybe there was a contest of who will bring the biggest one. Anyway, I think that people with a weak heart should not come here at Halloween :-)





Sometimes I meet people staying along the road and watching their bike. Most of the time I stop and ask them if they need help and 99% of the time they don't need help, just a break. Today I met three nice people, a girl and two guys watching one of their bike. It was the second time I could help people on the road (the first time was in Polen, some month ago): yes it is so exceptional I can help bikers that I remember it easily.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire